In illustrating the spirit of his vibrant surroundings, Ernest Hemmingway once described the “mad, whirling carnival” he saw around him in Spain. As an American studying at Madrid’s IE Business School I will be documenting my experience with this blog, dedicated to that theme.


For friends and family, you can find frequent updates on my life and adventures by checking back here regularly. For anyone else, I hope you find my posts on business school and life in Spain interesting.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Monday, April 11, 2011

Exploring Social Media Marketing Best Practices

In looking at social media as a marketing platform we find the old rules (remember the 4Ps) don't necessarily capture how we should approach new opportunities. Remember after all this is community based marketing. We must focus on connecting people with people and people with information. It must be relevant and value-added. Pushing product can be achieved only after we foster a community.


- Please excuse the brevity and typos. Posting from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment